- Electronic Module (IP65) – change mode for static and drawDown levels, removable for easy cleaning and servicing. Circuits and components are potted to protect from moisture and dust intrusion
- Sensitivity Switch – to adjust for false signals from cascading water
- Link – to prevent damage to the tape, the probe is sacrificed at the link area if snagged in the well
- Probe (IP68) – 5/8” (1.59cm) fully pressure/depth rated*, no holes or recesses for contaminate build up
- Tape – polyethylene, reinforced with Kevlar – markings in metric (mm) or engineering scale (1/100’)
- Carry Bag – to protect your water level meter from the elements
- Hanger – built in, to support the meter at the well head, allows for hands free deployment
- Tape Guide – built in, to protect the tape from sharp edges on the well casing
- Vinyl Holding Grip – molded to the frame, ergonomic easy grip
- Winding Handle – custom made for easy rewinding with gloved hands
Static & drawDown Levels
The water tape2 water level meter is made for drillers, consultants and hydrogeologists that are looking for an economic water level meter that does not lack in quality. The water tape2 provides accurate water measurements without going over budget.
The Heron water tape2, an economical water level meter, can be used for measuring both static and drawDown levels in open bodies of water, wells, boreholes and standpipes. This low cost unit with DUAL FUNCTION capability is ideal for every project and budget.
The water tape2 manufactured with the white polyethylene tape, reinforced with Kevlar is available in both metric and engineering scale. Unlike some other white tape units, the water tape2 comes with a fully pressure rated probe* and carry bag.
|It is the Distributor’s and/or User's responsibility to ensure chemical, temperature, radiative, and shock compatibility with their site(s) before, during and after deployments. Not doing so will void any and all warranties.|
|Download the complete water tape2 specifications, including: Reel Assembly / Tape / Probe / Electronic Panel||Download File|
3/8” Probe Option - PN# 1504
The 3/8” (9.525 mm) probe option is used for measuring water levels in narrow tubes and piezometers. The 3/8” (9.525 mm) probe must be ordered at time of manufacturing. The probe (27g without weights/78g with weights) is pressure rated up to 100m/300ft for 20 minutes.
5/8" Teflon-Free Probe Tip Option – PN# 1508
For those who require to measure water levels without the material teflon, because of legislation or other regulations. Due to the properties of Delrin, users may need to adjust sensitivity dial on the unit to tune out cascading water to prevent false readings.
Motorized Reel – PN# 1500
CE Certified - Emissions & Immunity for Measurement, Control, and Laboratory Use Electrical Equipment
IEC 61326-1:2012 / EN 61326-1:2013
The Motorized Reel is great winding tool for longer tape lengths, from 600m/2000’ up to 1100m/3500’. The power source is 12 V DC that can be taken from the regular 12 V DC system on most vehicles. The Motorized Reel makes easy work of lowering and raising the longer tape lengths into and out of the well. A hand crank is included in case of power failure.