- Electronic Module (IP65) – mode change for static and drawDown levels, removable for easy cleaning and servicing. Circuits and components are potted to protect from moisture and dust intrusion
- Sensitivity Switch – to adjust for false signals from cascading water
- Link – to prevent damage to the tape, the probe is sacrificed at the link area if stuck in the well
- Probe (IP68) – 5/8” (1.59cm) fully pressure/depth rated*, no holes or recesses for contaminate build up, field replaceable for optional casing or depth detector probes
- Steel Tape – high tensile steel, jacketed with polyethylene, high break strength, stretch resistant and lifelong legibility – markings in metric (mm) or engineering scale (1/100’)
- Steel Tape Certified/Compliant to – ASME B89.1.7-2009 & MIL-STD-45662A Certified, FED GGG-T-106F & EEC Class II Compliant
- Padded Carry Case – to protect your precision water level meter from the elements
- Hanger – built in, to support the meter at the well head, allows for hands free deployment
- Tape Guide – built in, to protect the tape from sharp edges on the well casing
- Vinyl Holding Grip – molded to the frame, ergonomic easy grip
- Winding Handle – custom made for easy rewinding with gloved hands
The dipper-T water level meter is designed for well drillers, consultants and hydrogeologists all across the globe. The dipper-T is manufactured for professionals who require the most accurate measurements of water levels, length of well-casing and total well-depth.
The Heron dipper-T is renowned for its premium, polyethylene coated yellow steel tape accuracy in measuring depth to water. Available in your choice of either metric or engineering scale.
The dipper-T water level meter can be conveniently converted to a multi-functional instrument, not only able to measure static and falling head levels, but also to determine the length of casing and well depth. The water level sensing probe can be easily removed at the link connection and substituted with either the Well Casing Indicator Probe or Well Depth Indicator Probe. The FOUR FUNCTION capability of the dipper-T water level meter makes this unit an asset to groundwater professionals and rural property owners during the construction of new wells, maintaining wells or decommissioning abandoned wells.
Static mode is used for measuring the depth of water in wells, boreholes and standpipes. DrawDown mode is used for measuring falling water levels during purging, well development and for low flow sampling.
The Well Casing Indicator Probe is used to measure the depth of metal casing in wells and boreholes from two inches in diameter and upward. The Well Casing Indicator Probe works using magnetism. While the probe sits within the magnetic field of the steel casing, an auditory and visual signal is active. When the probe leaves the magnetic field the signal stops. Note the condition of the well for accurate readings.
The Well Depth Indicator Probe (or bottom detector) is used to measure the full depth in wells and boreholes. The Well Depth Indicator Probe uses a pressure sensitive plunger to measure the distance to the bottom of the well. When the Well Depth Indicator Probe reaches the bottom of the well, the plunger enters the probe body closing a switch, initiating an audible and visual signal at the top of the well.
To meet all of your project needs the dipper-T is now available as kits:
- dipper-T with Well Depth & Well Casing Indicator Probes
- dipper-T with Well Depth Indicator Probe
- dipper-T with Well Casing Indicator Probe
Get yours today!
|Download the complete dipper-T specifications, including: Reel Assembly / Tape / Probe / Electronic Panel||Download File|
Well Casing Indicator Probe – PN# 1503
The Well Casing Indicator Probe works using magnetism. While the probe sits within the magnetic field of the steel casing, an auditory and visual signal is active. When the probe leaves the magnetic field the signal stops. The well casing measurements are taken directly from the tape. The condition of the steel casing may be a factor in receiving accurate readings.
Well Depth Indicator Probe – PN# 1502
The Well Depth Indicator Probe uses a pressure sensitive plunger to measure the distance to the bottom of the well. When the Well Depth Indicator Probe reaches the bottom of the well, the plunger enters the probe body closing a switch, initiating an audible and visual signal at the top of the well. The well depth reading is taken directly from the tape.
5/8" Detachable Teflon-Free Probe Tip Option – PN# 1403-2
For those who require to measure water levels without the material teflon, because of legislation or other regulations.