When performing a pump test, the easiest and quickest way to determine whether you have pumped to the desired depth is by employing a Heron Instruments Water Level Meter in drawDown mode.
In static mode, the Heron Instruments Water Level Meters indicate the presence of water by sounding a buzzer and turning on a red LED light. You now need to be notified when water is not present. This is accomplished by using the drawDown feature as follows:
- Lower the probe to the desired depth
- Silence the meter by pressing “Change Mode” button to put it in drawDown mode
- Yellow LED light on panel will be illuminated when drawDown mode active
- When water level is pumped to required depth and probe is no longer submerged…
- Red LED light comes on
- Buzzer sounds
- To silence buzzer, put meter back into static mode by pressing ”Change Mode” button
- Yellow LED light on panel will go out
drawDown mode can also be used to measure falling water levels during purging, well development and for low flow sampling.
Whatever your application or budget, we can provide the correct tool for the job!