Heron Instruments’ conductivity plus, like all water quality meters, must be calibrated to ensure accurate readings. Heron Instruments recommends that for best results, you should calibrate a conductivity plus before starting a measurement session.
Calibration is a fairly simple process, simply follow the steps below:
- Thoroughly clean and dry the probe using distilled water
- Turn the meter on by pressing the power button
- Place the probe in 1413 mS calibration solution
- Gently adjust the probe to let any trapped air/bubbles escape
- Wait for readings to stabilize (approximately 60 seconds)
- Press and hold the calibration button
- When “Please Wait” appears on display, release button
- Once conductivity value and temperature appear on display, calibration is complete
You are now ready to commence taking your measurements, sure that your readings will be accurate.